Monday, August 17, 2009

Took personal time today

getting the littles room ready for BTS and sleeping in it again. I don't have TV in any of our children's rooms, so during the summer they are able to camp out in the living room and watch tv until they fall asleep. We also do not have central air as this is an electrically heated home. We do have a/c in the living room and it helps them to sleep.

But all of that will fall away now as we move into fall. I started going through all of the things that I have picked up for A2 for preschool and sorting their clothing into piles. I have to change the linens on the beds and after laundy tonight put things away.

B tried on her uniforms and she can still wear 2 skorts, 1 pair of shorts and her 2 jumpers so we are set there. She will need pants for cooler weather, but as we often get Indian Summer here, I am willing to wait on purchasing them as she may have a growth spurt soon. Her legs have been aching, that's usually a tell-tale sign.

Tomorrow T and R will have to clean out their closet and sort out the clothing into piles that fit, piles that do not and piles of clothing they don't intend to wear. Hopefully T will find his other ties for school and his other oxfords. R needs at least one more polo, but he does have enough to start school.

A1 needs shorts and a few shirts. Father Dave found a benefactor who has donated 2 shirts for each student at St. Rose with the school name embroidered on them. ; ) that makes me happy. A1 should be able to find all the pants Mrs. M gave him last year and coupled with shorts and at least the two shirts I intended to buy him that should have him set for school.

So far I am doing better than I feared I would be at this point. I am VERY good at indicating on paper all of my intentions, but far less inclined to put them into action without much proding and pushing on my own end.

I am going to make a list of foods that I will make Friday night into Saturday and freeze for the start of school. I am also going to find Bento boxes for A1 and B for their lunches this year. I'd like to go without disposables such as sandwich bags and water bottles. I've been doing research and there are some wonderful products out there.

Ok A2 has a doctor appt. for pre-school @ 12:30 so I must be off to bathe him and continue my work in his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment