Sunday, November 8, 2009

So much for a daily post... Geesh

I found out some new things messed up with me medically... and they explain a lot. I have a Vitamin D deficiency. My level was a 9, it should be up over 30. I am taking 50,000 units of Vitamin D twice a week now. I am also showing signs of "pre-diabetes". My doctor does not believe that this is the accurate diagnosis. he believes, given everything I have told him, that I am insulin resistant. My body doesn't allow insulin to do its thing, and turns carbs and sugars into fat. A side effect of Vitamin D deficiency? Obesity.

today I am so extremely tired, I can hardly move. The fatigue is so incredible that I have slept after folding laundry, after making lunch. It is unreal. I have surgery in two days, I know with my body as it is, the narcotics I will take following surgery will have me in a semi-coma way of life. My husband will have to step up and take over so much. Thank God he is so good to me that he doesn't mind.

I wanted to get so much done before Wednesday, it's just a shame that I am too tired to do it. It upsets and angers me because I am the Momma, this is my job. At the same time, I marvel at how much I am blessed to have two teenage boys who step up to the plate over and over again to help out, to do the family thing. I marvel at how blessed I am to have friends who have told me that if I need anything to call on them. I marvel that my family- mom, in-laws and husband love me enough to take over the duties I am simply unable to do.

We are all going to be OK. You do not get assigned a cross that doesn't fit your back. I just look forward to getting my medical insanity under control.

There are some reasons to celebrate! My cholesterol is 143, triglycerides 76, iron level is 11.2 only slightly low. (I've been down to 6.4 before) and my blood cell size is still somewhat small (meaning they do not carry around iron as they should) but bigger than where they were over a year ago.

I will have surgery and then have a 2-hour sugar test when I feel up to it. Following that, I will more than likely be placed on medication to help my body understand what the insulin is there for and help me lose weight.

So there ya have it. I am a mess right now, but things often get worse before they get better so I am claiming that right for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment